Why You Need Software to Complete Stormwater Inspections
There are several factors to consider when deciding whether or not you need to invest in stormwater inspection software to perform your NPDES CGP construction inspections.
Here are 8 determining factors for stormwater compliance that will help you in making your decision:
- High Volume of SWPPP Inspections: If you conduct a high number of SWPPP inspections on a high number of sites, then you can likely save time, while improving your existing compliance levels by making the switch. Just like with anything, a bigger job requires a better process that is more efficient over time. You may definitely be in the market for stormwater software (aka SWPPP, SWIP, or SW3P App… or whatever you want to call it)
- Multiple Stormwater Inspectors (or you would like to involve and leverage multiple inspectors): If you or your company are involved with managing multiple storm water inspectors/inspections, then you will likely save time and money while increasing compliance and productivity (profits too) by investing in stormwater inspections management software.
- Stormwater Inspection Report Communication: Having trouble letting multiple people know the results of your SWPPP inspections in real time or what they need to do in order to keep the site stormwater compliant? If not – are you having trouble providing a way for multiple people to sign off corrective action items or provide signatures with these required construction inspections where needed? If so, then you will definitely save time and money while improving your current SWPPP compliance levels. Here is an example of what is possible.
- Specific SWPPP Inspection Form(s): Do you work in an industry, state, or municipality (MS4) that requires an EXACT form for storm water inspections or inspection template? If so, you may want to consider making the switch. In the past, it was assumed that stormwater software inspection platforms couldn’t accommodate specific SWPPP forms including the exact output. Today’s technology makes this possible. Here is a link to EPA inspection and corrective action report templates.
- Stormwater Compliance Management: Are you responsible to make sure all the i’s are dotted and the t’s are crossed? Need to know of storm water problems that exist before they turn into bigger problems? Want to know which storm water inspectors are performing and those that aren’t? Need to see trends with corrective action items, manage permit renewals, and SWPPP Plans that are scattered here and there? If so, then you desperately need stormwater software to complete storm water inspections on construction sites.
- NPDES CGP Consent Decree Management: Need to hit a 95% SWPPP compliance standard? Look no further than today’s technology to solve your sleepless nights. Implementing stormwater inspections management software provides the proven foundational processes to succeed.
- Paperless Solution for Stormwater Inspection Report(s): Want to go digital? You should. Thousands are making the switch right now and leaving behind the stacks of three ring SWPPP Plan binders that often served as door stops on construction sites while costing precious space and money over time storing these required documents digitally.
- DIY- Self Signup – Manage it yourself. Need to setup a site right now or to change a notification or the title of the site or an inspection? Or need others to receive varied notifications at different intervals? Need to let someone in and out of the software for security purposes or full control If you have to rely on anyone outside of your company, including your stormwater inspection software to do this for you, you are treading water. Today’s technology provides better platforms that let you do as much or as little as you want. You need the flexibility to not only have ready access to support, but to do it yourself in order to respond to day to day situations that will certainly arise.