Common Questions on the MS4 Stormwater Inspection Form
Municipal inspections nationwide are beginning to be the norm for permitted sites discharging stormwater that have 1 acre or greater of disturbance or are part of a common plan of development. Below are 8 common questions often part of a comprehensive regulatory MS4 inspection report.
- Is the SWPPP on site and accessible?
- Is there evidence of a discharge of sediments or pollutants?
- Are pollutant/erosion/sediment control BMPs installed on site per the SWPPP?
- Are all BMPs being properly maintained?
- Is the SWPPP being updated to reflect current conditions?
- Are site inspections recorded by a qualified person during the prescribed time frame?
- Have all responsive action items been corrected in the proper time frame?
- Are there any inactive disturbed areas that require temporary stabilization?