Why do I Need Another Map in my SWPPP?
Long-Term Stormwater Management SWPPP Map Considerations
A map is needed, in addition to your current SWPPP, showing the post-construction or long-term stormwater management of the site. Here is a list of things your map should include:
- The map needs to show what will be on site following construction, such as structures and impervious surfaces.
- It should show completed drainage patterns.
- Stabilization – which may have a separate landscaping plan.
- It will also show what post-construction/long-term controls will be on site following construction, such as:
- Low Impact Development Controls
- Rain Gardens
- Trash and Debris
This information is for a general permit where applicable – but not necessarily for single-lot home construction. It does include developments and commercial projects.
Here is a sample of a post-construction/long-term stormwater map.
Map from https://www3.epa.gov/npdes/pubs/exampleswppp_smallcommercial_app.pdf